Why don't electric hoists use single-phase motor?
Electric hoists are generally used in industry, while industrial commonly use three-phase power, but some small equipment is expected to use single-phase power supply, single-phase motor technology still has certain obstacles.
1. Compared with the same power motor, the single-phase motor is more expensive than the three-phase motor, and the volume is larger than the three-phase motor;
2. Lifting is a potential energy load, and it needs a large starting torque to ensure that it does not slip when it is lifted, and the single-phase electric motor starting torque is small, which is not suitable for use as a lifting motor;
3. Three-phase motors are easy to achieve control, but the single-phase electric motors must be stopped before they can be converted;
4. The single-phase motor relies on the capacitor to realize control, which will form a large current impact during the startup or operation phase, which will easily burn the motor and damage the capacitor and cable;
5. Single-phase motor can not meet the torque characteristics of the start-up, nor can it meet the process requirements of frequent forward and reverse, not suitable for heavy use and poor performance.
Wire rope electric hoist
Last：What is the reason for the electric hoist decoupling?
Next：Electric eot crane running track check